For your trekking, to Nepal, different places need a different type of Equipment. If you want to go to trekking for the mountain you may need an oxygen cylinder with much warm cloth. But if you want to go trekking for the hilly region you no need for oxygen cylinder but need moderate cloth. Hilly region is not much colder as compared to the mountain region. While trekking ensures that all of your cloth is dry and kept them into a plastic bag. Ensure that to keep all the things that needed to you for trekking like water bottle, dry food and some medicine for altitude sickness.
Clothing For Kathmandu
Normally, the informal cloth is all that is required for Kathmandu. Light clothing is usually all that will be required for most of the year. During winter months, December to February, it will be cold in the early morning and evenings but day time will not be as cold.
Equipment Need For Trekking
As for trekking one, the most important is trekking boots along with a couple of socks. Take a pair of Gaiters that help you to warm your feet and it also helps you from keeping dust and rocks out of your shoes. It will help you from getting mud on your clothes. Keep a pair of Sandals for a causal walk while staying in a hotel.
legs we keep Hiking Short at least 2, Trekking Pant also two, lightweight underwear, Soft-shell pants, Hard-shell pants with waterproof and breathable. It should zip from top and bottom.
- T-Shirt: Get a cotton shirt or baggy cotton is helpful for lower altitude is highly recommended. Put Thermal Underwear with sleeping gear is suitable for the higher and colder region. One of the most essential clothing is the Waterproof Jacket which helps you from getting wet because it is unpredictable for rain in Nepal while trekking in higher altitude.
- For head, you can bring a warm wool hat that covers your whole head along with ears. Take Glacier glasses for 100% UV protection. Another is a neck warmer for extra warmth if you feel needed.
- Medicines and First Aid Kits: You can take some medicine with you in case of a minor problem like headaches, Altitude sickness, anti-infection ointments, and allergic medicine and one small personal sized first-aid kid.
Some of the toiletries and personal Hygiene tools that needed for your travel are a quick-drying towel of medium size, multipurpose soap for different purposes like hand wash, Deodorants, a toothbrush with paste and Sanitizers.
You can bring other luxurious if you need like stainless steel bottle to keep your hot water for the trip, Binoculars, Reading materials, gems (chess, scrabbles), Voltage converter and other different things.
Some Basic but important Gears List:
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece headgear
- Sunglasses and snow goggles with UV protection
- Sun cream
- Sun glasses
- Lip guard
For Lower Body:
- Under Garments
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes or sandals
- Gaiters for hiking in winter to the base camp if snow over there
For Upper Body:
- T-shirts half & full
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece jacket
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest or jacket
- Light weight gloves
- Heavy weight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer (seasonal)
- Sleeping bags
- Headlamp with batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit for you
- Large plastic bags – for keeping items dry inside your kit/duffel bag
- Day pack (approximately 25 to 30 ltrs.)
- Trekking Poles (Optional)
- Water bottle (2) or cameo bag
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
- Medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Tooth Brush/Tooth Paste
- Multipurpose soaps (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial hands wash
Extra things as optional:
- Trekking polls
- Reading books
- Trail Map/Guidebook
- Journal, pencil & Pen
- Small notebooks
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, and cards
- Base Layer
- Trekking Shirts
- Trekking Trousers and Shorts
- Hard Shell Jacket and Rain Gear
- Sun Protection Hat
- Rain coat or umbrella